History & Mission
The Pilgrim Edward Doty Society was founded in October 1982 in Wilmington, Delaware by Mary Lee Merrill. We will celebrate the 35th anniversary of the Society at our Triennial Meeting in September 2017 in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
The Society is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes, by the laws of the state in which it is chartered, and as defined in Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Its Mission is:
Our ByLaws provide that the the primary objectives of the Society are:
- To perpetuate the memory of Edward Doty;
- To encourage continued research into the origins of Edward Doty;
- To encourage continued research into the descendants of Edward Doty, through all generations; and
- To assist descendants of Edward Doty in acquiring acceptable proof of eligibility for membership in their state Mayflower Societies, and to encourage membership therein.
Activities & Achievements
The principal activities of the Society include:
- Maintaining this Website and its Family Trees for our Members and the Public;
- Publishing a quarterly Newsletter for our Members;
- Organizing and conducting a Triennial Meeting for our Members, usually in Plymouth, MA.
In addition, the Society has accomplished the following:
- Underwriting professional Research Studies of Edward Doty’s Ancestry
- Placing memorial and historical markers for Edward and Faith
General Society of Mayflower Descendants Endorsement
The Pilgrim Edward Doty Society is a Pilgrim Family Society endorsed by the General Society of Mayflower Descendants. We encourage our Members to join and support their state Mayflower Societies.
Pilgrim Edward Doty Society is a GSMD Endorsed Family Society
Please Contact Us with your questions and suggestions. We also welcome your participation in the life of the Society, so please don’t be shy about telling us your interests.